Friday, August 16, 2013

Life goes on....

It's been awhile....again. So much for keeping this up to date!
I think I have a "good" excuse.....through Dec. and early Jan. I was experiencing really nasty headaches. I thought I had a sinus infection....a BAD sinus infection! Decided it was time to see the Dr. Good thing....he sent me for a scan immediately and something showed....and unfortunately it wasn't a sinus infection. I had a brain tumor! I was admitted and hooked up to all sorts of drugs and three days later had brain surgery. Looking back its still hard for me to believe that really happened!
I was home in a week and feeling pretty good all things considered.

Two weeks later I underwent the Gamma Knife ....a type of radiation. Not pleasant preparing for it but the procedure itself wasn't bad. It took 70 minutes and I actually dozed off....I'm sure the drugs had something to do with that! We stopped for a quick lunch and then got home and I napped for a couple hours.

Fast forward a few months ....three weeks ago I had my MRI and a little something was rearing up. So Gamma Knife to the rescue again. Same process but only 30 minutes this time.
Mid Sept. MRI again and we'll see what's going on. Hopefully nothing!

In the mean time I have been knitting! Quite a bit actually. I still do a lot of resting and I get restless just sitting so the needles are always close by. And a hook....learned how to crochet an afghan. Decided both kids needed one for their b'days in April. That was excellent therapy work for me. I have all these great photos but don't know how to get them on here using the iPad.
I'll work on it.

I've started Xmas knitting. I didn't want to wait in case anything comes up health wise. So the other day I took my granddaughter to the yarn shop and let her pick out yarn for her poncho. She picked 220 super wash paint in a purple/ pink variegated. Well underway with it...the pattern she picked is Paula's Poncho. The open work at the bottom won't show as much with the variegated but for her I think that will be fine.

I think that's it for now....a garage door is calling me for its second coat. Have to take advantage of these nice days because soon enough we'll be stuck inside.

Off to paint

No comments: