Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Time to Relax

It's finally over!!! Now things can get back to normal~~or what passes for normal here!
Not that Christmas wasn't nice~~it certainly was. Ds stayed overnight Xmas eve~~so we exchanged gifts in the morning and DD got here around 4 so we did it all over again!! Everyone was happy with what they received and they don't need to return anything. That must be a first!!
Dh gave me the Ultimate Sweater Knitting Machine and the extension kit. My new Vera Bradley bag is just what I've been wanting~~got the back pack style so it should be easier for me to carry. New pj's will be keeping me warm on these cold nights we are getting now!! Got the cutest pewter pin--it's a tape measure with a spool of thread,scissors,needle and thimble hanging from it~~going to put it on my wool coat.
Made turkey dinner and all the trimmings and it was really, really good!! Everyone enjoyed it but ate way too much!!
After dinner we play Catopoly~~too funny~~ we gave it to DD since she loves monopoly so much and she has three cats. Course she thought she'd win but~~tada~~I did!!I hate monopoly!!!
Dh gave me a candle chandelier but I exchanged it for a different one~~I liked the one at Yankee Candle better and it takes regular votives versus the little decorative candles the other one takes~~votives are much less expensive too!!
Hopefully tomorrow the stores won't be too crowded ~~I'm going to exchange a pair of slacks I gave DH.
I was so happy the knitted socks and felted slippers were a huge hit!! All that fanatical knitting was worth it! DD called today to tell me she was wearing her socks again~~hope she takes them off occasionally and washes them! She did drop a major hint that she'd like a pair of felted slippers too!
Played with the knitting machine all afternoon~~didn't get very far tho~~kept dropping stitches and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Tried everything I could think of but no luck. I finally had to stop I had such a backache! I'm going to have to find a more comfortable way to use it. I did manage to get a few inches done~~not good considering all the time I spent. Patience is not my strong point!
Ok--off to bed~~I've got to start getting here earlier!

No comments: