Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Can you feel it???

Just walk into the mall or some of the discount stores and the Xmas stuff is all over already!!! I can't stand it~~it's fall for heaven's sake not December!
Once I start seeing that I feel that anxiety starting up~~I'm never going to get everything done I want to do. I think I need a list and stick to it!
I feel like you have to just buy,buy,buy whether you want to or not because it's the holidays.
I think this year I'm going to stay away from the stores~~no more stopping "just to look" because there's always a great sale that you'd be crazy to pass up!!
I'm going to enjoy my knitting~~make a few gifts and pick out a couple special presents and that's it!
Ok,I vented I feel better! On the knitting front~~I have one scarf 3/4 done and a matching hat done to the decreases. I'll finish that tomorrow and I'm going to work on the scarf now while watching TV with KK.
A second scarf is about half done and I'm really liking it!!
KK was off today so we did some errands and stopped at a new place for burgers~~that were pretty good. We went to the afternoon showing of Flight Plan I thought it was excellent!! If you like Jodie Foster you should catch this one!
Stopped at Joanns quick before the movie ~~had a coupon so I picked up a mohair blend that I'm going to mix with something for another scarf.
I've got to spend less time on here~~not here exactly but with e-mails. I'm on so many lists that it's not unusual for me to have a few hundred posts to go through at all times!! I'm a fast reader but still that's seriously cutting into knitting time!
I was happy to get a note from my SP6~~I was worried ~~she told me something will be in the mail!!! I love mail for me!!!
Off for a snack and TV knitting!!

4 comments:

amylovie said...

They start the holiday stuff earlier each year. It is really weird to have snowmen displayed in Texas when it's 85 degrees.

Amy

me myself and i said...

i hate how the holidays are rushed. It makes me not want to do anything about shopping or decorating!

. said...

It's crazy! It's not even Thanksgiving yet and they have Christmas stuff out! And all that was out a looong time ago. It's nuts.

Cheryl:) said...

I'm with you. The Christmas season used to start the day after Thanksgiving, but now the day the back to school stuff is put away the Christmas stuff comes out. Just makes me want to skip it.