Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back again~~

It's been ages~~I know. What have I been doing?? Little bits of this and that!!
A bedroom redo seemed like it took forever to finish. Just taking off the wallpaper border was a never ending annoying job!! Then I couldn't decide on a comforter which led to what paint?
Don't even want to think about shopping for the comforter and curtains! Finally found things that we both liked and it's done!



Now you know what happens when you redo a room, right??? It makes other rooms looking sorta drab~I think I've been watching too much HGTV!! Did you ever notice how easy everything looks when they do it?? I mean who can totally demolish a room and two days later it's a fantastic spa bath~~come on~~let's get real!!



As for knitting~~I've been thinking about it a lot but only because I've been on a organizing binge in my room. KK added some more wall shelves which I immediately filled up! It's definitely looking better in there~~I can see the floor again!



DD went away for a long weekend and when she returned she called me to tell me about a yarn shop she found! In the next breath she said " I bought you a present" What a thing to tell me when I knew we wouldn't get together until the following weekend! She picked out a really nice colorway in Reggia sock yarn! That was the motivation I needed~~sock #1 is almost to the toes!
I'm using #1's but wanted 2's , do you think I could find any circulars for magic loop? Course not!
Today I was out so I stopped at the lys and picked up a pair which means now I'll find a pair set aside with a project in mind!
awww, this is looking down from our upper deck. It's the top of a weeping pussy willow tree. The upper deck is right off the kitchen and looking over the railing this surprised us! Three babies hatched and we were able to get the camera and snap this shot as the last one was leaving.
He really didn't want to take the leap but mom kept calling to him so after a couple hours he took flight and he was off! They stayed around the yard for a few days begging from mom and then they were gone! Hopefully next year a new family will takeover the nest.
Since it's been so long since I blogged I can't remember if I mentioned that DD graduated college with her degree in professional accounting~~this is the child that always hated math~~the same child that in her first four years of college majored in French and anthropology~~now after four more years she's an accountant~~go figure!
I know I have more to say but I really need to get my iPod set up with my podcasts so until later
Off to charge

No comments: