Thursday, September 08, 2005

About time

I've been remiss in posting~~not sure why~~just didn't feel like it! I've been busy with KK off again for 5 days. I needed him to go back to work so I could relax!!
Last week was B'day so I decided I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble in the afternoon and then Knit Nite in the evening. We went out for a late breakfast and then the book store. My DD has me hooked on Mocha Frappicino(however you spell it) so good!!!
I browsed through some knitting books and KK surprised me with one I've been wanting.
Came home and had enough time to get my things together and off I went!
Heather was going to pick me up but she was running late so she said we'd meet up there. What a nice surprise she brought! Cake for Lisa and my b'days! Candles too!! Didn't want to put too many on the cake Jen would have been worried about her yarn!!
Jump over to Lisa's blog and you can see us hamming it up!
Friday KK and Ds and I went to the Cleveland Zoo!! It's beautiful. We had a great day~~weather was perfect and it wasn't crowded. Took us 3 1/2 hours to get there but it was a pleasant ride. We got there about 10:30 and I made it until 4:30~~we walked for miles! I swear next time we do something like this I'm renting a wheelchair!
Sat. we had a B'day cook-out here with the kids and they along with KK surprised me with $$ for a new sewing machine!!
Sunday we went to Joann's and I picked one out which I was talked out of and talked into getting a so-called better one! After this evening spending a couple hours with it I'm not so sure!! It's that whole computer thing!! I just want to sew!
I started a small felted bag and got right to the flap and ran out of yarn~~of course no one close has it so that means tomorrow driving to Knitter's Corner to pick one up. Not that I mind going there but I'm really trying not to even look at any shops until after Fiberfest!!
I've also been working on the large tote~~after a false start I'm moving along nicely. It's going to take some time but I'm in no hurry for it so that's fine. I do have a couple other small ones I want to try.
DD gave me some xmas ideas all ready ~~so I'm going to make an effort to get started on those things. Of course socks were top priority!!
This sounds really bad but I've got to vent somewhere and since this is my blog I'm going to do it here!! The last few weeks have been a bit stressful with DS. He hasn't lived at home for a little over a year. KK and I have gotten to like being alone and enjoy the quiet and privacy. Well as the saying goes "all good things come to an end" or something to that effect! Three weeks after loosing his job Ds tells us! No job~~no $$~~~no rent, no food, no nothing!! What the hell was he thinking??? It's been one thing after another~~and he doesn't seem concerned! We are! So guess who's coming to dinner??? And staying?? For God only knows how long!!
That sounds bad,huh??? But he's such a slob~~and this is going to require much rearranging.~~starting with the parrots. What do you do with macaws in a 6 foot high cage????
I know I shouldn't complain ~~he's our son and we do care but he needs to grow up!!
With all that's going on in the south it makes me feel guilty for being so petty~~we have our home,food,clothing and each other~~~~ok, rants over~~~we'll manage!
Still trying to get through HP book 6~~or is it 5?? Anyway, I can't seem to get done with this one and then one more to go~~I'm HP'ed out!!
Enough rambling for tonight~~
Off for tea and reading

No comments: