Friday, August 12, 2005

Felting Frenzy!

I'm in the mood for felting!! I'm obsessed with wanting to knit up things to felt!
Weird how the knitting bug changes!! A couple weeks ago you could not pay me enough to felt a thing ~~ now I can't stop!! You will see if you scroll through my blog the newest project before and after! The Panes pattern by
trishbloom@aol.com was a really fun knit. It was different and I had to pay attention to where I was in the pattern for the color changes but it made it interesting! I couldn't figure how the bottom was ever going to work but finally it made sense.It's done
with short row wedges and when done makes a complete circle! Now that was cool!!
This took more yarn than I had~~wound up having to order the main color on line because no one locally had it. I only used the new skein for the last 5 rows at the very top of the bag! I'm not crazy about the color combination of the one cord so I may do it over. I'll think on it!
See that other shape I knitted up?? Go ahead take a look~~~that blue blob?? It's felting as I type this~~I'm listening to the washer so I can catch it before it changes cycles. I can't wait to see how that turns out~~I had some old wool in my stash and thought I'd experiment with it. I double stranded it but it still seemed a bit thin so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't turn out~~oops, be right back~~~
Caught it in time! The yarn worked out ok~~I'm surprised. It was so loose on 15's that it was almost to the point of having holes in a few spots. Now the pattern says to let it dry completely and then felt it again! I've never heard of doing that before. I usually felt the daylights out of the piece then block it and let it dry and it's done. I'll take a picture tomorrow and see what you think.
It smells really,really bad in here!! Two felting projects in a row stink!!
hmmm, wonder if sheep smell this bad when they get wet?? All that wet wool, ewwwww!!
I had things to write about earlier but now I'm tired and can't remember what they were so on that note~~
Off to bed

No comments: