Friday, August 19, 2005

Restful vacation???

Too tired to write much so I posted many photos for you to look through~~and trust me there are more coming! I'll save those for another night.
We had a great time in Allegheny ~~the weather was perfect, cabin was nice,and we didn't have any run-ins with any bears! I would have liked to see one~from a distance but we didn't. Did see deer,raccoons,fox and little fat furry things!
We kept busy~~eating,bike riding,walking,eating,sight seeing,eating!!
The first morning we got up and got ready to go out and jumped in the car to go and I looked at the clock and it was only 7:15~~I had set the alarm for 6 instead of 7!!
So we got a good start on the day! Had a really good breakfast on our way to the Amish area which was only 17 miles away! Spent the morning riding through the area and stopping at various homes selling their goods. I ordered a Hickory and Oak small table to put next to my rocker and it was ready for us to pick up before we left. It's exactly what I wanted! Picked up a couple loomed rugs for my craft room and found tote bags that I couldn't resist. Can never have enough bags,right?? Found one I liked for myself and the perfect one for Heather so all in all it was a great morning!!
That way of life intrigues me and I have to get to the library and see if they have any books on the Amish. I just can't imagine no electric!! Spending a few days in the woods in a cabin made me really appreciate the things we take for granted every day!
Did get to Knit Nite at The Knitter's Corner Thur. night and had a fun time! I almost didn't go and I'm so glad that I did. It really is so nice to "get out" with others that share the same interest. Some actually got some knitting done!! Can't say that I did~~I spent my time trying to pick out yarn for the next felted bag! I just could not make up my mind so Chris jumped up and in seconds had the colors all picked out for me!! Heather and I just stood there with our arms loaded down with Lamb's Pride! It's fun to see what everyone is working on and the different yarns that they are using.
Ok, I'm really tired so~~~
Off to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mar, sesms like you had great vacations! I love to be out in nature!