Monday, April 25, 2005

Made it through

the weekend! Barely!! Don't know why I get so obsessive about cleaning before a party. Once the people are all in the house who can tell or cares if something isn't perfect? You'd think after all these years I'd realize that and relax? No~~I got up early on Sat and started right in cleaning and never stopped except for a couple coffee breaks until it was time for me to get ready! Needless to say by the time everyone was here I was exhausted!!
Once the wine tasting started I really didn't care how tired I was! We had a good time~~lots of snacks/wine and friends! The wine tasting contest was fun--the same couple won the best and the worst bottle!!Everyone had a good chuckle out of that!
We had the most delicious strawberries I have ever tasted!! They were huge and chocolate coated~to die for!! I could have eaten the whole platter full by myself~~course being the good hostess I didn't :(
Sophie was the hit of the party!! Every time I looked someone else was holding her. Then I'd put her back in her pen and a little while later I'd see someone had her again! Maybe that was good becasue she slept in on Sunday morning and believe me I needed too also!! Matter of fact I slept most of the day~~don't think I'll be drinking any more wine for quite awhile!!
Really didn't feel too good today either!
If you noticed on the side there I've added a new button~~I'm going to try the Fan and Feather shawl!! I read the pattern over a couple times and it doesn't look too difficult. I still haven't decided what yarn to use yet. There are a couple from Knit Picks that look interesting but I'm not sure if they would work for the shawl.
I've joined a shawl list so hopefully I'll get more info there.
I did start the second Knit Picks sock and it's coming along good. I'd like to get it done this week.
That's about all that's going on here~~
Off for some tea

No comments: