Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'm excited!!

I was so depressed this morning when I got up! I'm sick of the cold,the snow and no $$ not in that order! I checked my email and I have a secret pal!!! What fun this will be!! Something to look forward to~~I do have to remember that I'm a pal to someone too~~maybe I can cheer someone else up if they need it?
I know some of you that pop in won't care about this but "my pal" has asked me to fill out this survey ~~so here goes!!



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid
Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I hate to admit it but I have become the dreaded "snob"~~never thought I would but after a few trips to the yarn shops how can you help it?? Can't always get what I like but I can dream!!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I've tried spinning~haven't really given it much time. I do have a couple spindles and a old wheel that I was able to get last summer at a really good price. I bought it mostly for a decoration never thinking that I actually could use it!
I can crochet the basics ~~like knitting so much more!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Not really~~don't like smoke smell ~~

4. How long have you been knitting?
I was taught to knit when I was very young by my Mom-~~which is one of the memories that I cherish! When I knit I often think of her and wonder what she would think to see what I'm working on!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no, I don't~~didn't know there was such a thing

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Hmmm, I like many but I'm really liking Yankee Candle Sage and Citrus.
Lavender is a great bath scent!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Goes without saying!!! Chocolate??? Hand it over!!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I was into rubber stamping for awhile but it got to be so expensive to try to keep up with the latest so I've stayed away from it.
I like beading and am thinking of trying to do some beaded stitch markers.
I love counted x-stitch and still do that when the mood strikes. I love the primitive samplers not cutesy. Guess I'm a snob there, too?

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if
you want to make her a CD)
I like country ~~light rock~~yes, I can play CD's

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color
family/season/palette you prefer?
I absolutely love fall colors!! One thing we do have here in western NY is beautiful fall seasons!! The rusts, golds,browns are stunning!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Now it's just Dh and I at home. DD and DS are on their own. Ds has been moved for a couple months ~~pets??? Of course, what's a house without pets??? I have a retired greyhound,Ivy and a aging Shih tzu,Houston. Two Blue&Gold Macaws, a Yellow-nape Amazon and a African grey!!

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
At our ages I just wish we were financially secure~~which we are not. I want to see my kids settled and happy in their lives.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I can't say I have a real favorite~~I really enjoy making socks. There are quite a few yarns I would like. I do like the handspun look thick/thin~~.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really don't care for all the fun furs~~the type from the craft stores

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I'm so trying to figure out how I can get the yarn to make a Trio bag!! I saw it on here and I have to have it!!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to do socks ~~just plain ones but with nice yarn. I do enjoy felting.
And I love tote bags!! You can never have enough!!


17. What are you knitting right now?
I'm just finishing a felted cat bed for my DD's cats. I can't wait to felt it!!
I'm also making a pair of socks for me~~thanks to Fibro it seems my feet are never warm any more. I have some Lamb's Pride to do a felted bag--haven't started it yet.

18. What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiosity question
for us)
I didn't like ponchos the first time they were popular!! Some now aren't too bad but I'm still not crazy about them!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I use both ~~depends on the project. Use a lot of dpn's with socks. Did learn the Magic Loop method and it is faster. Now I'll have to invest in some long cable small diameter circulars.

20. How did you learn to knit?
Mom~~cause I drove her crazy when she was knitting!!

21. How old is your oldest UFO?
Right around Christmas I started a pair or socks for me that I'm just getting back to!


OK, now that's done and you know more than you wanted to!!
Off, to felt!!

No comments: