Thought I'd better get this on here since I just received my SP5 info~~so here's a bit about me!! You all can skip this~~SP please read~~lol~~
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I have developed a taste for the nicer yarns and natural fibers. Tho I have done socks from Magic Stripes for gifts.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I can't truthfully say I spin even though I do have a couple drop spindles and a antique workable wheel.
I crochet once in a great while.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke is nasty!
4. How long have you been knitting?
I was taught to knit when I was quite young so I'd have to say I've known how for a very loooonnggggggg time!!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
nope~~even tho there are lots of books I'd like!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
hmmm, I LOVE Sage and Citrus from Yankee Candle ~~Lavender and Lilac are favorites too.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Silly question~~chocolate of course!! light better than dark
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
My other love is counted x-stitch~~primitive samplers, not cutesy
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I've been into country lately~~I can play cd's
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My best colors are fallish shades~~rusts,oranges,greens,browns,gold
I'm really liking orange ~~a lot!! Lime green is good too for summer!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
DH ~~just had our 36th anniversary! Grown DD and DS
Pets??? I'll say!!
Retired racing greyhound ~~Older Shih tzu~~and my new "baby" Boston Terrier
Two blue and gold macaws,african grey, yellow-nape Amazon
I think that covers it!
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Right now I'm content when bills are paid,good food in the house,and time to knit,and nice yarn to do it!! A day that I feel well makes me happy!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Opal sock yarn is my new love! Lamb's Pride&Lopi are nice for felting~~Noro is nice too but I don't get that often
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not liking acrylics and I really don't like fun fur
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
SOCKS!!! Altho I think it's time to branch out~~I'm actually trying a cotton sweater!
I'd like a shawl
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I always go back to socks~~mostly plain with a patterned yarn. I like felted bags ~~want to do more
17. What are you knitting right now?
Orange sweater and a pair of socks for a friend
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Didn't like them the first time around and still don't!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project~~I use both
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo or plastic ~~I like either
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
From my Mom when I was very young
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
hmm, a couple months~~a sweater I tried that requires more needles!!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
No favorite animated character ~~favorite animal would have to be Boston Terriers~~greyhounds
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
I'm starting to get some sheep things for my craft room~~country/primitive crows are multiplying in my living room!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I'd like the new Debbie McComber book A Good Yarn~~there is another that I can't think of the name of~~it's for knitter's ??? I'll try to find the name!!